At Grass Valley Courtyard Suites we understand the importance of your privacy and respect that you want to safeguard the use to which your personal information shared. We make it a high priority to ensure that your personal information remains secure and confidential and is used for the intended purpose.
Our policy outlines how we collect your data, the nature of that data, how we use that data, who that data will be sent to and how you can amend data you have submitted to us.
Our policy applies to our website (www.gvcourtyardsuites.com) and to personal information supplied over the telephone, by email or letter.
How You May Provide Us Your Personal Information
- By making a reservation or by using Grass Valley Courtyard Suites’ services.
- By registering with Grass Valley Courtyard Suites’ loyalty program, The Guestbook.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a Reservation
When making a reservation or using Grass Valley Courtyard Suites services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, etc. You may wish to have your purchase of Grass Valley Courtyard Suites’ services recognized in a third party’s loyalty program with which Grass Valley Courtyard Suites has a relationship. To do so will require you providing us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Registering With Grass Valley Courtyard Suites’ Loyalty Program, Guestbook
Information provided to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites Offers You the Ability to Receive Targeted, Timely Notification of Time Sensitive Offers
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name and last name. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
By Visiting Website
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visit to our website collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
Why We Collect Personal Information
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When Do We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Grass Valley Courtyard Suites, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with the Grass Valley Courtyard Suites hotel for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Grass Valley Courtyard Suites to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Grass Valley Courtyard Suites to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Grass Valley Courtyard Suites if it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Grass Valley Courtyard Suites to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Grass Valley Courtyard Suites will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our General Manager at email@example.com or if you prefer by writing us at:
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites
210 N Auburn Street
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Attn: General Manager