Within walking distance from our hotel, downtown Grass Valley, California is the cultural center of Nevada County and the heart of Gold Country.
Only one block away from the Grass Valley Courtyard Suites, downtown offers restaurants, wine tastings, great shopping, art galleries, theaters, concerts and more.
The area is also filled with historic significance. In this Gold Rush town, hundred-year-old houses and businesses are still in operation. Historical mines and parks plus the surrounding beauty of the Gold Country make our location a spectacular destination. As a hotel near the Center for the Arts in Grass Valley, our guests can enjoy popular music concert and theater events, all with the breathtakingly beautiful backdrop of the Northern Sierra Foothills.
The surrounding Nevada County is also a fitness enthusiast’s paradise. From mountain biking to hiking trails, tennis to kayaking, there are dozens of ways to get out and get moving: our staff is ready to arrange these and other activities for you.
Explore Grass Valley
- The Center for the Arts
- Music in the Mountains
- Empire Mine State Historic Park / Bourn Cottage
- North Star Power House and Pelton Wheel Mining Exhibit
- South Yuba River/Bridgeport
- Scotts Flat Lake
- Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad & Transportation Museum
- Twin Cities Concert Association
- The Nevada County Concert Band
- Artworks Gallery
- The Neighborhood Center of the Arts
- Grass Valley Museum
- Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Treks
- InConcert Sierra
- Mountain Recreation Sports Rentals (Kayaks, SUP, Ski’s)